Covid-19 Update – Wage Subsidy 20 August 2021
Covid-19 Wage Subsidy August 2021
Applications are now open for the COVID-19 Wage Subsidy August 2021 for businesses affected by the move to Alert Level 4 on 17 August 2021. Business includes a registered business, sole trader or self-employed person (who may or may not employ other employees).
The business must meet the following revenue decline test:
• your business is being or will be affected by the move to Alert Level 4 on 17 August 2021, and
• your business has had, or you predict will have, a decline in revenue attributable to the effect of the move to Alert Level 4 on 17 August 2021 that is:
1. at least a 40% decline over the period between 17 August 2021 and 30 August 2021 inclusive, compared to a typical 14-day consecutive period of revenue in the six weeks immediately before the move to Alert Level 4 on 17 August (6 July 2021), or
2. if your business has highly seasonal revenue, you must have at least 40% decline between 17 August 2021 and 30 August 2021 inclusive compared to the same 14 consecutive days in 2020 or 2019, provided you can demonstrate the seasonal nature of your business makes it harder to meet the 40% revenue decline using the 14-day comparative period in 1, and
3. the calculations and comparisons above cannot include any other Covid relief payments made to you.
You must prepare and retain evidence to support this declaration, such as records demonstrating:
• how the decline in your revenue was attributable to the move to Alert Level 4 on 17 August 2021, and
• if you’re an employer that has highly seasonal revenue:
1. the basis on which you claim your business to be of a seasonal nature, and
2. how the seasonal nature of your business made it harder for your business to meet the 40% revenue decline using 14 day period from 17 August 2021